Seaford – A Smashing Coastal Town for a Family to Move To
Located at the foot of the South Downs between Brighton and Eastbourne, Seaford is a quiet and friendly seaside town. It seems pretty small when compared to other towns around. This place, however, offers a safe and friendly atmosphere for families looking to move, and, fortunately, property here is priced reasonably check here to buy or our friends @ CoastoCountryLettings a specialist Seaford letting agent to find a great place to rent. Here are some reasons why Seaford is a good choice for families looking to move.
Good public services and transportation
The county council in Seaford has made great strides with their investments in a variety of public services. A beautiful public library and improved day care is being developed with the aid of a recent £5 million grant. The grant has also gone a long way to regenerate the infrastructure in Seaford.
The local bus services are regular and reliable and they have links into most major UK cities, including London and Brighton.
Good schools and access to universities
Although this town is relatively small, it has a selection of excellent schools that will provide quality education for your family.
The Seaford Primary School is a great choice for local children. The school is known for positive performance in the national AGG tests so it is a good school if you are looking for a solid educational grounding for your children; and who isn’t? Other equally good options are Chyngton School, Annecy Catholic School and Cradle Hill.
For your 11-18 year olds, the Seaford Head Community college is a great school. The students here achieved reasonable GSCE pass rates and the school has good links with the local community. Other colleges include the Newlands School and the excellent Seaford College.
As far as university education goes, Brighton University is a very reliable option. It boasts of one the best teaching quality ratings in the UK and has over 21,000 students spread across five campuses. The University offers a wide range of high quality educational courses and the distance from the University to Seaford town is easily commutable.
Good range of restaurants and pubs
This small town has excellent eateries and pubs you can choose from whenever you want outdoor time with the family. Some of the best options are:
- Ginos: A local Italian restaurant known for serving high quality rustic dishes.
- Ollivers: This restaurant is known for its Traditional British fare and it is run by a friendly couple
- The Bay Tree Inn: This a family pub and local music venue that serves very hearty meals
- The Old Ploiugh: This local pub is known for the big portions of their great dishes
- Pamalle Restaurant: This restaurant is known for its welcoming atmosphere and a wide range of fish and meat dishes.
Great options for entertainment
The town may be small, but there is a lot to keep everyone entertained. It has a fascinating history ranging from being rebuilt 3 times after major fires to 15th century pirate attacks. The top pick of Seaford history attractions and entertainment include:
- The beautiful beach. It is quiet and not as crowded as nearby resorts teeming with tourists. You and your family are guaranteed breathtaking views in the summer and winter.
- The Seven Sisters Country Park- This Park is loved by ramblers. You can take a stroll around the countryside and discover the South Downs.
- Long Man of Wilmington. This is one of the most amazing sights on the entire South Coast. It is an amazing feature carved out in the rocks.
- Seaford Golf Club. You don’t have to be a golf enthusiast to enjoy this exquisite Golf Club!
Seaford town is definitely a place to move to if you want a calm and relaxed, yet stimulating environment for you and your family.